Women in Farming Pre-Workshop Roundtable Discussion & Social Hour
In conjunction with our Saturday Women in Farming workshop, KRC is hosting an informal roundtable discussion and social hour.
This will provide participants with an opportunity to share their farming stories, information, experiences, and good company with other women farmers. Light snacks will be provided; Tea, wine and beer will be available. There is no charge to attend the roundtable!!
Friday evening, July 10
7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
2700 W. 18th Ave.
The following special guests will make up the roundtable panel:
• Lucinda Stuenkel, No till cover crop and livestock farmer, Palmer
• Rhonda Janke, KSU Horticultural Department and market garden/sheep farmer, Wamego
• Judy Decker, Grassfed beef farmer, Emporia • Lynette Miller, small livestock/specialty crop farmer, Emporia
• Mandy Kern, specialty crop & CSA farmer, Emporia
• Mary Fund, KRC Executive Director and certified organic farmer, Goff
If you plan to stay overnight, KRC has reserved a block of rooms at the Guesthouse Inn and Conference Center for the convenience of our attendees: 620-341-9199. Room rates are $59 plus tax. Continental breakfast provided. Just tell the desk that you are with the Kansas Rural Center and the women in farming workshop.
Below is a short video about Gail Fuller’s farm and farming practices. We will tour Gail’s farm on Saturday afternoon. http://soilhealth.net/gail-fuller-emporia-kansas-soil-health-and-cover-crops/
For more information about the Saturday workshop, please click here. Or, e-mail Joanna Voigt at email@example.com, or call at 785-312-2372.
The Workshop is funded by a grant from the USDA Risk Management Agency, and the Kansas Rural Center. Co-sponsors are the Kansas Center for Sustainable Agriculture and Alternative Crops and the Kansas Sustainable Agriculture Research Program.