SE Kansas Specialty Crop Workshop Planned for February 15, 2020
Registration Now Open!
Mark your calendar for the first annual Southeast Kansas Specialty Crops Workshop scheduled for Saturday February 15, 2020. Both experienced and beginning specialty crop producers from across Kansas are invited to attend. The workshop will cover production, marketing, and management in Burlington at the Coffey County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 8 am to 5 pm.
The workshop will cover production, marketing, and management in Burlington at the Coffey County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 8 am to 5 pm.
- All About Tomatoes
- Enlisting Community Support
- What’s Special About Specialty Crops?
- Resources and Equipment Needs
- Marketing Channel Suggestions
- Importance of Crop Enterprise Budgets
- Chuck Marr, Retired KSRE Vegetable Specialist
- Marlin Bates, Douglas County Extension Director
- Stu Shafer, JCCC Environmental and Sustainable Agriculture
- David Coltrain, Specialty Crops Grower and Educator
- Steve Michel, Garden City Grower
- Rosanne Bauman, Bauman Farms/Cedar Valley Farms
Workshop sponsors include the Kansas Rural Center, K-State Extension (Coffey County, Lyon County, Southwind District), Kansas SARE, JCCC Sustainable Ag, Morgan County Seeds, Johnny’s Seeds, and Stokes Seeds.
The cost including a local sourced lunch will be $30.00 for the first person and $20.00 for additional family members. Look for more information about the agenda from KRC in January 2020. For more information, contact David Coltrain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-330-3951.Registration