Farm & Local Food FAQs Regarding COVID-19
Note: We are working to provide the most accurate information we have to the questions below. They will be updated as questions can be further clarified or more information becomes available. If you have information that should be added or see anything that needs to be corrected, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
FAQs highlighted below include:
- How do Shelter in Place orders affect the mobility of Farmers?
- Can I still sell meat, produce, and other food products direct to customers? (via farmers markets, CSA’s, roadside stands, deliveries, etc.)
- What are contingency plans for growers who will be impacted by closed farmers markets or farmers markets delayed openings?
- How will the CARES Act help small farms and local food?
- What is the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)? How do farmers receive this aid?
- What is the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application (EIDL)? Are farmers/ranchers eligible to apply?
- How can I purchase food from farmers during COVID-19 social distancing and shelter in place orders?