Food is a community endeavor, and as the title of our project states, it’s the community that must ultimately join its farmers at the table to be part of the Kansas farm and food solutions. The Feeding Kansas report is a road map for farmers, policy makers, and communities to chart a path forward that will yield the most successes, most quickly, in providing Kansans with an abundance of healthful food.
Tools may be needed along the way to help you succeed so KRC has provided the handy resources below to support you and your community’s efforts to strengthen our food and farm systems. We will continue to add to this list as we grow and learn as well. Thank you for joining us in this journey!
Feeding Kansas: Community Food Solutions Information
- Feeding Kansas News & Action! – E-mail updates about the project
- Who is KRC?
- CFS Initiative Summary
- Feeding Kansas report executive summary
- Feeding Kansas quick facts
- Pledge Your Feeding Kansas Goals Now
Resources to support your community food solutions efforts
- The Food System
- Tips for talking to policy makers
- www.openkansas.org – Find your local, state, & national representatives by simply searching your address.
- Writing Effective Letters to Policy Makers
- Policy options for local governments in Kansas: Increasing access to healthy food
- Drafting a resolution to create a food policy council
- Op-Ed/Letter to the Editor toolkit
Farms and Community Organizers
- Feeding Kansas resource directory
- Organizing a FEAST event toolkit
- A Guide to Operating Farmers Markets in Kansas
- Farmers Market Business Guide