- This event has passed.
Delaware River Watershed Tour & Breakfast
September 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 pm
The Delaware River Watershed Restoration & Protection Strategy (WRAPS) Program will host a free breakfast and watershed tour on Friday, September 5, from 7:30 -11:30 am, starting at the Kickapoo Community Center, 1073 Falcon Rd. in Horton, KS and ending at 11:30 am near Fairview, KS.
Farmers, livestock operators, local officials, watershed residents, and anyone interested in conservation, agriculture, and local development issues is encouraged to attend this FREE educational tour through the Delaware River Watershed. Join us for a FREE breakfast to learn about resources available to producers through Delaware WRAPS and our partners. After breakfast, we will caravan to 3 locations in Brown County to see the latest innovations in agriculture and water resource protection. Learn how local landowners are reducing input costs, increasing profits and protecting water resources.
- Free full breakfast served at 7:30 am (please RSVP for the meal)
- Meet the new Delaware WRAPS Coordinator and learn about WRAPS cost share programs
- Enjoy an armchair tour of Best Management Practices recently installed with Delaware WRAPS cost share and get ideas for your next project
- Visit with local natural resource professionals from K-State Extension, NRCS & Conservation Districts, Kickapoo Environmental Office, KS Forest Service, Wildlife Organizations and more to find out about technical assistance and other resources available to producers in the Delaware watershed
- Two streambank stabilization sites that prevent gully erosion and save valuable farm ground
- Fenced grazing paddocks using a rotational grazing system to reduce nutrient runoff and improve forage & herd health
- Constructed wetland at the outlet of a tile terrace system to reduce sediment and nutrient runoff and enhance wildlife habitat